Cardinal Ritter High School is participating in Indiana’s voucher program (authorized under IC 20-51-1 and IC 20-51-4). As described on the Indiana Department of Education's School Choice website: "A voucher, or 'Choice Scholarship,' is a state payment that qualifying families can use to offset tuition costs at participating schools. Students qualify based on total household income and the amount of the scholarship corresponds with the public school corporation in which the student lives."
Who qualifies for an Indiana School Choice Scholarship (Voucher)?
- Students who received a Choice Scholarship in the 2017-2018 year, or
- Students who attended public schools for the last 2 semesters, or
- Students received an SGO for at least one year, and
Please click here to view annual household income limits.
How do I apply for an Indiana School Choice Scholarship (voucher) for my student?
- Students must first be enrolled in a private school for the 2018-2019 school year before applying for the voucher
- Contact Daisha Dowdy in the Tuition Office to make an appointment. She will verify household income, complete and submit an application to the Indiana Department of Education
- Documents to bring to complete the application process:
1. A copy of your 2017 federal income tax return
2. Copies of all 2017 wage documents including W2’s, 1099’s, social security statements, unemployment statements, interest earnings statements, investment earnings statements, pension or annuity statements, etc.
3. Copies of child support agreements and any federal or state assistant programs documentation
Additional Parent Information
- The Indiana School Choice Scholarship (voucher) is based on the lesser of total tuition and fees or either 90% or 50% (depending on household income) of the per student funding amount in the school district in which you preside.
- The voucher will not cover the full amount of tuition and fees and the family will be responsible for payment in the amount not covered.
- There is additional financial aid assistance available for families who qualify. You must complete an online FACTS financial aid application.